The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) will host its Hawkins Field (HKS) Harvest Festival to celebrate the fall season at the old historic terminal (1635 Airport Drive, Jackson, MS 39209) on Friday, October 28, 2022, from 5:30 pm until 8:00 pm. The costume contest winners will be announced at 7:00 pm. The HKS Harvest Festival is a family-friendly event and open to the public. Participants will enjoy a fun-filled evening packed with face painting, games, a bounce house, costume contest, a spooky tour of the old terminal, treats, and more! “Providing safe and fun activities for families to enjoy and learn about our facilities is key to our community outreach program,” stated Chairman Lucius Wright, JMAA Board Commissioners. “It’s also another way for us to say thank you to the community for supporting our airports.” The event will also include participation from the Jackson Fire Department as they will provide safety tours of their firehouse trailer. Students from Tougaloo College will be spooky actors and face painters. Know that your safety is our top priority. Security will be enforced to ensure a safe evening for all. Welcome to the new season and thank you for supporting the Hawkins Field (HKS) and Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN). Come costume-ready and enjoy! #### About JMAA The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) operates two airports: Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) and Hawkins Field Airport (HKS). JAN is the busiest airport in Mississippi, situated in the Central part of the state and serving the Capital region of Jackson with over 3,000 acres of property. JAN has service to several of the world’s busiest global hubs and is home to the Mississippi Air National Guard 172nd Airlift Wing. HKS is a general aviation airport that houses two emergency response medical air transporters and the Civil Air Patrol. It is also home to the Mississippi Army National Guard 185th Aviation Brigade.
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority Announces $8 Million in Grant Funds from U.S. Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority Reports 1.29 Million Total Passengers in 2023; Highest Numbers in Decade and a Half; Calendar Year 2024 Outlook Positive with 3% Increase Forecast
- Peak Year-End Holiday Travel Begins at JAN; Parking Options; Passenger Volumes Above 2019 Pre-COVID Levels
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International (JAN) Reports Security Threat Being Investigated; Other Mississippi Airports Report Similar Threats
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) Reaches Record Passenger Levels During 2023 Thanksgiving Travel Period
- No events