The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) is elated to welcome new restaurants to the Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN). After a pause during the pandemic era, JAN will now have quality food and beverage services return to the East and West Concourses for passengers to enjoy as early as Thursday, October 20, 2022, starting at 5:00 am. JMAA recently partnered with Carolina Concessions, LLC to infuse deliciously prepared foods and a sense of culture as passengers enjoy a taste of locally-themed concepts. The soft opening concept includes The Riverbanks Bar & Grill and Sunrise Café, which will transition into Dunkin’ at completion of a six (6) month reconstruction phase. “We look forward to being a vital part of the vision that JMAA is creating for travelers in and out of the city of Jackson, Mississippi,” stated Herbert and Sandra Sims, owners of Carolina Concessions, LLC. This renewal and expansion of JAN’s concessions with local offerings will enhance pride within the airport, leaving customers with a positive and long-lasting impression as they journey to and from the Capital City’s airport via our world-class airlines: American, Delta, Southwest, and United. “Listening to the needs of our customers is vital to the success of JAN, which is the busiest airport in the state of Mississippi, and this addition is just in time to meet the needs and expectations of our fast-growing passenger base,” said John Means, JMAA’s Acting CEO. “I am proud of our team and this huge accomplishment in providing our passengers, airport employees, and tenants with fantastic food and beverage options and services.” The wait is over! JMAA welcomes its passengers to enjoy the new taste of JAN and thank you for flying with us! #### About JMAA The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) operates two airports: Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) and Hawkins Field Airport (HKS). JAN is the busiest airport in Mississippi, situated in the Central part of the state and serving the Capital region of Jackson with over 3,000 acres of property. JAN has service to several of the world’s busiest global hubs and is home to the Mississippi Air National Guard 172nd Airlift Wing. HKS is a general aviation airport that houses two emergency response medical air transporters and the Civil Air Patrol. It is also home to the Mississippi Army National Guard 185th Aviation Brigade.
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority Secures $22 Million Funding for Infrastructure Projects at Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) Reports Strong Passenger Growth, Anticipates 1.31 Million Travelers in Calendar Year 2023
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) Named one of Travel + Leisure Readers’ Top 10 Favorite Domestic Airports of 2023
- JMAA Anticipates Peak Travel at JAN During Independence Day Holiday Weekend
- Severe Storms Cause Power Outage at Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN); Power Restored with Delays Expected
- No events