The Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) is monitoring forecasts for a potential major winter storm beginning on Friday, January 22.
American Airlines has noticed JMAA that all flights serving Charlotte-Douglas International Airport originally scheduled for Friday, January 22, have been CANCELLED. Flight cancellations to and from other locations may be impacted by the winter storm.
If your flight is booked between January 22 and January 24, please consider these tips:
- In the early stages of a winter storm, airlines may pre-cancel numerous flights to move planes away from storm-affected areas. Closely monitor your flight status using your airline’s website or mobile app.
- Reservation change fees may be waived by airlines to encourage re-booking flights away from storm-affected dates. Check with your airline to learn these policies and to make any reservation changes.
- During the storm, staffing in airport customer locations, such as ticket counters, will be limited. Use airline websites, apps, and call centers to make reservation changes.
- Please consider roadway or public transit conditions before starting any trips from your location to the airport.
- The airport will have staffing throughout the storm. Their main focus will be keeping conditions safe for aircraft as the winter storm arrives, then clearing snow and returning the airport to normal operations as soon as possible after the storm ends. Runways may be impacted during the height of the storm. The terminal, however, will remain open.
- Local hotels may offer the best overnight accommodation options for out-of-town guests whose flights are canceled.
Airport flight information is available on our websites. However, it is recommended to visit your airline’s website for the latest flight status updates.